Maintaining the Plough Inn, car park and garden
John Carr-Ellison has been in contact with Robbie Burn (Chair, Hedgeley Parish Council) regarding the Plough Inn, Powburn.
He has indicated that, for the good of Powburn village, he intends to keep the pub, its car park and the pub garden as smart as practically possible while negotiations with Punch Taverns and future potential operators continue.
To this end:
- With the help of Paul Wood we have tidied up the pub garden.
- Paul has kindly agreed to keep the garden mown and tidy.
- We will kill the weeds in the car park and then spread new gravel.
- I am happy for residents to park their cars in the car park then if they wish but on the condition that they are in regular use. It should not become a depository for non-runners, scrap vehicles, servicing vehicles, etc.
- I hope residents will be happy to keep an eye on it and keep it tidy until the contractors start work.