Breamish Hall fundraising – the Big Lottery
We have just received the following good news from Doreen Burn (Secretary for the Breamish Hall Committee).
“As you know, we were trying to raise funding for the car park at the Hall. We needed to raise £22,742.
We initially raised:
- £2,500 from the Breamish Hall Fundraising Events
- £500 from the John Carr-Ellison Family Trust
- £2000 from Cllr. Wendy Pattison via Northumberland County Council
- £2000 from National Parks
We also received £900 from the Rothley Trust to purchase a projector and to install sensor lights in the toilets and LEDs in the kitchen, corridors and office.
We then approached the Big Lottery for £25,000 to finish the car park and to refurbish the main hall, and I’m delighted to say we have been awarded this amount.
So, in total, we have raised £32,900. With this money we intend to:
Completely resurface the car park, including the back of the Hall where the gravel currently is.
Lower the ceilings in both the small and main halls to install dimmable LED lighting and to remove the ceiling heaters in the small hall.
- Install sensors in the toilets so the lights go out automatically.
- Replace bulbs in kitchen, office and corridors with LEDs.
- Re-plaster small areas throughout the Hall where necessary.
- Sand and varnish the floor in the main hall.
- Paint the main hall and corridor.
- Install blinds throughout the Hall
- Purchase six new tables, a projector, a portable wheelchair ramp and an external noticeboard.
In addition to this, we need to arrange for one of the double-glazed units to be replaced in the front window and for the outside of the building to be pointed, which the Hall will pay for out of its own funds.
We would like to say THANK YOU to all those who have contributed by attending the Hall events and to all those who purchase lottery tickets for giving us this opportunity.”
Doreen Burn (Secretary)
BBQ to celebrate
We would like to celebrate this success by holding a Community BBQ in the Powburn Community Garden on Saturday 7 July 2018, from 2:30pm onward.
See Community BBQ 2018 for further details